Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Playing catch up

It's amazing how quickly the days are slipping away, and I don't even have a baby in my arms yet! So I shall leave you with a few highlights/pictures of the past couple months.

1. We put our house on the market. Getting the house fixed up to show took up a significant amount of our time in April. I think the listing turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself, but we have yet to hear even one inquiry about the house.

2. Justin was thrown on a somewhat random work trip to Altus during which he took the time to check out our housing options. And quite honestly, they all have their drawbacks. Base housing is privatized and seems to be severely lacking in quality and in general concern about upkeep on the part of the company that now owns the housing. Renting will cost significantly more a month than buying, and buying requires selling in a market that is not exactly thriving. But Justin (along with my parents who met up with him for the weekend) ended up taking a look at a foreclosure that is newer (1993) and slightly bigger than our house now while he was there, and after weeks of waffling and hoping for a bite on our house here, well the punchline is that we just had an offer accepted on the house! We are about to enter the extravagant world of dual home ownership. Yikes.

3. April showers. I was excessively spoiled at two showers in April, one hosted by our church and the other by the military wives Bible study I attend.
Meet Olivia. This picture cracks me up.
33 weeks
Reagan was so excited to bring me my presents.
Due two days apart.
My lovely hostesses. 35 weeks.

By the time If I ever finish my thank-yous, I will have written more than 75! That's some serious spoiling right there. That's larger than the number of people who attended our wedding! Which brings me to point #4.

4. Sunday will be our 5th anniversary! Is that really possible?? I couldn't have asked for a better start to our marriage. Well, okay, maybe I could have asked for a better first year. :) Three moves in one year about sent me over my mental edge. But Justin stuck it out with me, so I couldn't ask for more than that!

5. I am closing in on 39 weeks. And I have yet to feel any difference whatsoever. No contractions and I really don't think she's dropped. I sure hope her birthday isn't two weeks later than expected. My parents will be here June 4-9, and I am praying they get to meet their granddaughter before they leave. Justin is convinced she will be born in less than a week, on the 29th, which would give us three straight days of celebrating--our anniversary, his birthday, and our daughter's birthday.

6. We just finished the nursery! Olivia and I still have to set up a sewing date for crib bedding, but we won't need that until we get to OK. The room looks a little sparse without a real crib and any substantial furniture, but I actually really like the colors and how everything turned out. Not too shabby for being a space Baby Girl will occupy for less than two months. You might recognize the decorations over her crib. We're officially ready for you, Baby Girl!
The nursery before.
This is all the loot my friend Ashlei gave us, which she passed down from her little girl. She and her husband also gave us the swing and bouncy seat you will see in the pictures below. What a blessing they have been to us!
His eye is on the sparrow!

No comments: